Saturday, August 27, 2016

Where Have You Been?

I know it has been a while since my last post, almost three months to the day without a peep. As all parents I've been tangled up in the throws of summer break and a house full of kiddos running almost rampant. Having four young kiddos, and three that I basically took care of the entire summer, my hands were full to say the least. Through the struggles and trials we've all seemingly made it out OK.

I have always been a pretty open book, living through cancers, being disabled but not classified by our wonderful government as such, the means in which I provide for my family. Everything I do is or can be common knowledge. People judge me for this practice, saying I like to put my business out for people but that is a deep misconception. I talk about what's relevant. MOST of the things that I am dealing with are directly affected by our society.

I have several health problems that will affect me for the rest of my life and I am pretty much left to my own devices. My husband is the breadwinner of our large family (seven of us all together), and we are seemingly plagued into the lower income level but at the same time making too much for any notable assistance from any governing entities. We live in the middle of the American double standard and there is little we are able to do about it. This is what motivated me to create my own system of providing for my family.

Some may think if it's so hard financially for us why can't we rely on the state Medicaid system or Obamacare? Long story short is that we don't qualify for either yet both say we qualify for the other. It's the American double standard at its finest. This is my life. These are the things that motivated me to not only create own system but to also write about it.

I know that I have gone off topic, these are the things that have occupied all of my time since my last visit into your life. I have been put through the ringer, have given every ounce of my being to my children and my surrogate children, and have struggled to get out of bed but at the end of it all, I, no WE have made it through to the other side OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment